• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retain Stroke Size When Scaling (Zooming in on) Background Art

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to draw a background layer with the brush tool (and fill colors with paint bucket), then over time "zoom in" (transform the background art to enlarge) while retaining the brush/line weight?

Right now the problem is, as the background scales up, the brush line work scales and so ends up being way thicker than the foreground (character) elements' line weight. I will mark any answer that helps resolve the issue as 'correct'; thank you so much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

As mentioned above, you can select all the strokes, go to Properties panel and set their scale setting as 'None'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I understand is that you want selective elements on your canvas to zoom, while preventing that from happening for some. I don't think that is possible. I am open to being corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the lines are actual lines and not line-shaped fills, you can set the scaling mode on them in the line properties window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned above, you can select all the strokes, go to Properties panel and set their scale setting as 'None'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines