Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Safeguard or Database, locally in AS3

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am currently developing a desktop games for windows. I would like to save data : of the game and needed to play (monster, NPC, ...).
So I need the data is secure. Can morientez on a solution? I've heard of Adobe Air SQLITE, but according to what I've seen is more suited to games for the web browser. In addition, the data is not well protected ...

Help me please

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

What you used to encrypt your data was too simple, that's all. There are plenty of ways you could use that would not be easily broken. You might use an encrypted ByteArray... Anyway, if you want to use the SQL version I'd start here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS8AFC5E35-DC79-4082-9AD4-DE1A2B41DAAF.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AIR is not for browser at all, it's for desktop/mobile only. Database would work... but using a sharedObject would probably work fine too and you could encrypt/hide the data at your leisure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can choose where are stored data with SQLite ? and if yes so what is the best way to encrypt data ? ( just encrypted data that is stored decked me too simple to decipher , can we encrypted all the database file simply ? )

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you used to encrypt your data was too simple, that's all. There are plenty of ways you could use that would not be easily broken. You might use an encrypted ByteArray... Anyway, if you want to use the SQL version I'd start here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/as3/dev/WS8AFC5E35-DC79-4082-9AD4-DE1A2B41DAAF.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks, it's close

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines