• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save file not saving correctly

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Animate 2020, last night I was working on something and saved it, then closed the program and went to sleep. I know I saved it, because no "save changes?" pop-up came up when closing it. This morning, when I opened Animate I checked my recent files, and it was there but was completely reverted back to when I first started the project. There are no autosaves for it either. I don't know what happened? Help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no way for a file to revert to a another version or an earlier save.

it's possible you're looking at a previously saved file and you have no other saves or you do have other saves.  to check for other saves, before doing anything else use file>save as to see the last directory where animate saved a file.  then check that directory with a file browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue to. I thought at first it was me not checking properly but i check and double check now and the same thing is happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm skeptical (but also fallible).

in any case, prevent* this (and more common problems) by saving your fla files with increasing version number appended. eg, if you have a project1.fla, save as project1_v000.fla.  then after some edits (especially if you don't want to lose what you've done to the fla), save as project1_v001 etc. 

periodically (and especially, if you're about to walk away from your computer and let it idle/sleep) close animate and open the most recent version to ensure it's not corrupt.  it's also recommended you close your current project even if you opt to leave animate open, while letting your computer idle/sleep.

if what you say is actually occuring, this won't prevent the problem but will decrease the chance of user error/misinterpretation by providing more information about which version(s) were altered and what time/date they were altered vs their creation time/date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you maybe save it as another name or miss place the file on your computer? Also look for a recovery file too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines