• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shift + draw turns off smoothing?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Adobe Flash, holding down Shift while drawing with the brush tool allowed you to draw straight lines. Now with Adobe Animate , I'm doing the same thing and getting a straight line, but it's a straight line comprised of an absurd number of points - it's like smoothing drops to zero when I draw holding Shift.

Is this a glitch or is there a setting I can change to stop this happening? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Yes, we're aware of this issue and an internal bug is logged for the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using a mac?

animate 18.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am - is this a known glitch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac, and I'm not sure why that would be a factor. Can you describe steps? I only seem to get a point at each end of the line, plus a handle or two.

If you're also doing convert lines to fills, that will add a lot of points if you're using a Paint Brush Tool. If you're using the Brush Tool, it should be the same as with CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The steps are as I've described: I click the brush tool, i hold shift and draw a straight line. I then use the subselection tool to check out the points and there are one thousand of them. This happens every time I use Shift to draw a straight line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tested this and only get the hundreds-of-points effect on vertical lines. Horizontal lines are fine.

brush lines.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So definitely a glitch then? Is adobe aware of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been testing horizontal lines. Haven’t heard of the problem, you should report it:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, we're aware of this issue and an internal bug is logged for the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines