• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shortcut to extend the duration of multiple frames at once?

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While animating I often find an object moves either too slow or not fast enough, I have a feel for time and movement and can tell, if I extend these frames by a certain amount before I move the object again I can make the illusion more realistic. The problem is the only way I think there is to do this is by altering the duration of a frame by the needed amount by selecting it and pressing f5 to increase or f7 to decrease it's duration, as many times as I feel I need too.

Which is bad if you have a 3second shot (72frames) of something moving from one place to another an have to select each one of those frames and extend or shorten it's duration before moving onto the next one, it gets tedious. I thought maybe highlighting the effected frames and pressing f5 or shift/ctrl f5 would do this but it didn't. Is they a shortcut around this, or do I just have to extend or shorten a frame, one frame at a time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

I read your question, but you don't need to extend it..

As an animator, you often change how many frames are inserted without fixing,

Even using JSFL will increase the workload.

You can change this by stretching the frame, so you just need to be familiar with the operation.

1,Select the timeline range you want to stretch,

2,The mouse is placed on the last keyframe in the range

3,When the ⬅➡ icon appears you can drag it to reach the effect of stretching or shrinking

1199.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can use jsfl to create a shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevenm9342790  wrote

I have a feel for time and movement and can tell, if I extend these frames by a certain amount before I move the object again I can make the illusion more realistic. The problem is the only way I think there is to do this is by altering the duration of a frame by the needed amount by selecting it and pressing f5 to increase or f7 to decrease it's duration, as many times as I feel I need too.

You are not altering the duration of frames. You cannot alter the duration of individual frames. Frames have a constant duration determined by your movie's frame rate. What you are doing is adding frames to alter the duration of a tween, or whatever.

That being said, to stretch out an animation, just select the relevant span of frames on the timeline, grab the right edge of the selection, and drag to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your question, but you don't need to extend it..

As an animator, you often change how many frames are inserted without fixing,

Even using JSFL will increase the workload.

You can change this by stretching the frame, so you just need to be familiar with the operation.

1,Select the timeline range you want to stretch,

2,The mouse is placed on the last keyframe in the range

3,When the ⬅➡ icon appears you can drag it to reach the effect of stretching or shrinking

1199.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently some of my posts are invisible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is difficult for animators to understand too normative a statement.

Because I am also an animator, so know his operation.

Tell him that JSFL can't meet his needs.

The relative use of the stretching timeline is more convenient than the JSFL.

Of course, your answer is correct, so I also clicked on the ★

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines