Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Site: AS3 / FP9 – how standard?

New Here ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am in the midst of updating my companies flash site, and had a couple questions. It was originally programmed in AS2, which is fine and works.

I am suggesting that we update the site to AS3. Now, I know that previous flash players are not compatible with this (before Flash Player 9), but my questions is – how standard is the FP9 at this point?

How many of our users will get a prompt to update their player? Or, for the most part, do you think that this is pretty standard at this point.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

This may sound like bad news, but it's a minority of users that are on Flash Player 9. That's because most of them are an Flash Player 10! See the figures here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html

So, with over 98% of users being on FP 9 or 10, you can be pretty certain that any visitor you'll get will be able to view your AS3 content without having to do an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may sound like bad news, but it's a minority of users that are on Flash Player 9. That's because most of them are an Flash Player 10! See the figures here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/player_census/flashplayer/version_penetration.html

So, with over 98% of users being on FP 9 or 10, you can be pretty certain that any visitor you'll get will be able to view your AS3 content without having to do an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, really? That is great, thanks for the info... I will take my ignorant *#$ back to my desk now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines