Steam Effect in Adobe Animate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on an animation, it'll be a menu board that plays on a TV. I am looking to put a realistic looking steam effect over an animation/image, can anyone give me pointers on the best way to do that? I don't know if creating an animated movie clip is the way to go? Can I import a movie? A movie file that has transparency? a PNG? Looking for any pointers! I haven't used Animate (Flash) in years and just getting back into it for a new project. Thanks for any advice! Let me know any additional information I should let you know =]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you describe the steam effect? Is it fast shooting steam like from a locomotive steam power train? Or a soft cloudy slow-moving steam such as from a cup of hot tea?
You can import a movie to be used as reference. But you might want to play with drawing shapes and applying blur filter(s) as layer effects or on Movie Clip instances to achieve the effect.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines