• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface pen drawing doesn't start until a certain distance away from initial press

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not had this issue in any other drawing program, including Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop.

But when I try drawing in Animate, I can press the Surface Pen on my Surface Book 2 using the brush onto the screen, and move it in little circles all day and it wouldn't start drawing. It's not until I get a certain distance away before the brush jumps to the new position (a straight line from the initial press position), and then works normally by drawing where my pen is until I release.

I've turned off touch via device manager, though this issue was happening before I did that, as well. I also turned off press and hold right click.

I've installed all the most recent Adobe and Microsoft updates.

Is there any way to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mate,

As far as I know, this (Animate CC not working with MS Surface Pen) has been a long-standing issue with tens of people reporting it.

As far as I know there have been multiple announcements that it has been fixed. But after the announcements more users report that they cannot use the Surface Pen to draw in Animate.

I have seen some reports for fixes, but then more users jump in and ask the person how they did it and never receive an answer.

I don't have a Surface device, but from what I have seen in forums, it seems that at this stage An CC does not work with MS Surface Pen and there is no fix to it.

I may be wrong, but these are my impressions from multiple posts over a long period of time...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all!

I have been having this issue ever since I started drawing in Photoshop and display drawing tablets. The brush tool doesn't react until I move it away about 8-10 pixels from where I started brushing. I use both Wacom Cintiq and Huion 20 (at work and at home respectively), both running the latest Photoshop version and Win10. This issue persists over all devices and all OS. Posting here to get some advice on it. Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines