• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SWF file 3 times larger than the Animate file

Explorer ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making a series of Animate files. Normally the swf file is around half size of the animate file. One file of 12  is three times larger - Animate 12.706 kb and the swf is 36,032kb.  It won't export to an mpeg4. I've rationalised the animate file but it makes no difference......

Has anyone any ideas here?   Files would be over the 47mg max allowed at  48mg!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, what exactly do you mean by an "Animate" file? FLA? HTML?

Second, what do you mean by "rationalized" it?

Third, how do you measure a file size in milligrams?

Well anyway, under the SWF publish dialog there should be an option to generate a size report. This will tell you exactly what's making it so big.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lots of thanks for your help  - its a fla file, sorry about the mm's!  I meant kb's of course, by rationalise I meant I went through to make sure everything was symbols.....

and where to find the swf publish dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file>publish settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

agree with @ClayUUID 

you need to be more precise in your language. as is, it's impossible to assess your post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much, I am of course just an ignorant woman who doesn't understand these funny technical things.

Darn, I forgot that Americans don't do irony.............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Do you mind sharing the problematic FLA? Maybe some bitmaps are being generated in the output but I cannot tell for sure.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JC - I'm working through the publish settings - but as last resort I'll put up the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Just let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed to put the fla file up and it gets rejected ...........virus checker?? - aaaargh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum doesn't allow FLA attachment. You need to upload it to a file sharing service like Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, or WeTransfer, for example, and paste the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More thanks JC - I just hate the idea of you having the hassle of going through it all even if I manage to upload it - much quicker just to make it again!  More thanks!!  I'll be back if it doesnt work but the other 12 are fine.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not a nuisance at all! Don't worry. I hope you are able to find the issue and, if you aren't, please let me know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines