• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols are in place in timeline, but way out of place upon export.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of the problem I'm having: https://youtu.be/6tLB4Jt5DQs

The animation appears fine when it is played via the timeline. It is only when I export that a number of the symbols are out of place.

Here is another video, this time of the animation as it appears, with the symbols correctly in place, in the timeline: https://youtu.be/v7wEqiy51EM
Again, it is only upon export that the problems appear.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Since you have all your layers nested inside a Graphic, you can use that instead of the camera.

Dump the camera layer and tween the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These issues would be caused by parented layers.

Make sure you have keyframes across all layers of your rig structure, not just some, i.e. even if you are only moving the arm, have keyframes and tweens for all body parts across all layers to match the arm keyframes. This may help resolve the issue.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried what you recommended--having keyframes on all layers, and using tweens for all parts (including those not moving). It didn't seem to fix anything. I deleted everything and brought the original rigged character file back in. But the problem remains.

I was wondering if it could be a problem with how I've registered my graphic symbols. Ironically, I was Googling whether the porblem could be the registration points of my graphic symbols, when I came across an article that I believe you yourself wrote. I have not been paying attention to the registration points when I've been converting my keyframes to graphic symbols. Do you think this could be the problem?

In the meantime, I'm reading your article now. Then I will try converting all of my graphic symbols back to keyframes, and then back again to graphic symbols, paying attention to the registration point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The article will be useful for better general understanding of registration, but the fact that you are getting different results in the authoring environment and after publishing makes this smell like a bug.

To report a bug, however, one has to be able to determine all circumstances and reproduce it with a different file at will.

Layer Parenting has many issues and recently it has been worked upon, so it is possible that new issues have been introduced.

If you would like to trouble-shoot, I'd suggest to start with only one frame where the character is parented as you want. Make sure all body parts are symbols and you have one symbol per layer. Also make sure that at least the Transformation Points are at joints.

Then when starting to animate, never touch the parenting or the Transformation Points again, and create keyframes for all layers of the character - think of those as whole-body poses.

This may reduce the chances for errors.

I honestly can't help further as I do not use LP for real work.

Just as a side note, this other article on character setup may also be of general interest.

Good luck, mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very good. Thanks again for your help.

I returned to the original character file, and, as you recommend, made sure it was just one frame, one symbol per layer. But the problem returned.

I then deleted the character symbol and file entirely, and made a rough one from scratch, just to see if the problem went away. The problem does indeed appear to have stopped; but I won't know for sure until later in the week, when I have more time to work on this animation.

It does appear there is something wrong with my character symbol and file. I hesitate to say it is a glitch, only because I'm relatively new to Animate, and so I am inclined to beleive the problem is with me, and not Adobe. But it does seem like a software glitch, insofar as the problem only reveals itself upon export (cntrl + enter), and not in the authoring environment (where everything appears as I want).

I'll let you know how it goes, in a week or so, when I have time to work on this again. I am hopeful and confident that the problem will go away, if only because I have deleted the character symbol and file entirely.

Thank you very much for your guidance.

I will indeed be using your article on character setup from now on; thanks for that as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@seans87010601 Thanks for reporting. Can you please share the sample file with the issue for investigation? We will look into it and keep you posted on what the issue is.

You can send the FLA file to abv@adobe.com.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've emailed the .fla file, as you request.

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've isolated what causes the issue.
To briefly summarise the issue: My symbols and their placing go all over the place, not in the timeline (where they appear as I expect), but only upon export.
I now notice that the issue only occurs whenever I add a "camera" layer to my timeline. The problem goes away if there is no "camera" layer in the timeline.

I was able to complete my last animation, but had to do my "camera" work in post, so to speak, in Premiere. This is not ideal, since the image resolution will of course pixelate whenever I zoom in.

I began another animation, hoping that the problem would not reappear--but it has.

The following 50 second video below demonstrates what is happening. In the beginning of the video, I cntrl+enter for an SWF, and the animation plays as expected. Then I do nothing but add a "camera" layer, again cntrl+enter for an SWF, but this time a number of my symbols are out of place from where I expect them to be. The issue therefore has something to do with the camera layer.

I should perhaps mention that I've deleted and reinstalled Windows, as well as my Adobe software.

https://youtu.be/vtveRqy4XrA

By the way, @n. tilcheff, I've been using your article(s) to guide how I create my character rigs, and am having great progress and success here--thanks for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done, mate!

Really glad to hear that 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried exporting as a png sequence and then reassembling them in premiere. This could be a workaround until the problem is fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another workaround you can try is nesting all the layers inside a graphic symbol by selecting them > right click and choosing Convert layers to Symbol, while leaving the camera in the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that tomorrow, and let you know how it goes.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that didn't work, even though I thought it might. But thank you for the workaround suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that's a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have all your layers nested inside a Graphic, you can use that instead of the camera.

Dump the camera layer and tween the container.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! Thanks very much @n. tilcheff , and thanks very much to you, too, @Mario_CR.

I mean, it hasn't necessarily solved the issue--which appears to me to be a software problem--but this is totally a workaround, allowing me to do everything I intended, while avoiding the glitch-causing camera layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @seans87010601 @n. tilcheff @Mario_CR @Nicktendo28 - We have addressed this issue in the latest Animate update 22.0.6 released today. Please update your copy of Animate to the latest using Creative Cloud desktop application.

Thanks!

Mohan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines