• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbols not showing keyframed position with goTo

Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a simple spot-the-difference game, a pair of photos with hotspots the user taps on either photo to pick differences.

https://img.skitch.com/20110118-nt22nnqarbki6bmh9r7gdufh28.jpg

It's a Flash CS5 project with a movie class, a class for the circles.  It has worked fine with a single "level", but I am trying to add additional "levels" by adding a new keyframe in the timeline for each additional level. So i create a new keyframe and add the new pair of photos and reposition the symbols that are the circles to correspond with the new photos:

https://img.skitch.com/20110118-xqnqi6mf8s64snwstnpa3967ky.jpg

In my Movie Class, when level one is finished, I issue the AS: this.gotoAndStop(this.currentFrame+1);

The images change to the frame 2 images, but the circles are in the same position they were in for frame 1.  The keyframed positions are ignored.

What am I missing here?  Can this be corrected?  I'd rather visually position each layer's circles in on the stage for simplicity's sake.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

It's probably an old anomoly of Flash at work... When you have the same objects in adjacent keyframes the objects in the latter frame will assume properties of those in the previous frame.  Try placing an empty column of keyframes between each level so that the objects don't fall into this trap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2011 Jan 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's probably an old anomoly of Flash at work... When you have the same objects in adjacent keyframes the objects in the latter frame will assume properties of those in the previous frame.  Try placing an empty column of keyframes between each level so that the objects don't fall into this trap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines