• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Targeting Dynamic TextBox inside MovieClip for Animate - Canvas

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Dynamic Text field inside a movieclip in my Adobe Animate - Canvas document. The MovieClip has an instance name of "shVendor" and the Dynamic Text has an instance name of "introVendor". So, the path to add/alter text in this should be "this.shVendor.introVendor.text = ...".

However, anytime I try to insert text into the dynamic textbox, I get an error "Cannot read property 'introVendor' of undefined."

If I pull the Dynamic Text field out of the MovieClip and target it directly with "this.introVendor.text", I can change it just fine. It is when I have it inside the MovieClip that I get this error.

I have done this in other Canvas documents with no problems whatsoever. I have stripped my file down to JUST these components and still get the error. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Hi Image_dr

you might have to untick Use Advanced Layers in Document Settings. If you use Animate CC v19.0 or 19.1.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 08, 2019 Jan 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Image_dr

you might have to untick Use Advanced Layers in Document Settings. If you use Animate CC v19.0 or 19.1.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU, KLAUS! I've been going crazy trying to figure this out! Unticking Use Advanced Layers did it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again

glad I could help you. If you've got a moment, can you please mark my reply as the correct answer? Firstly it marks you issue as answered and I get some points.

cheers

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines