Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture Atlas Export at Different Scales

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd like to export texture atlases at various scales (1x, 2x, 3x, etc)... I've tried everything, including placing the MC on the stage and scaling it up (didn't work).

It would be SUPER HANDY if there were a scale selector on the texture atlas export dialog window.

Same goes with the sprite sheet export!

All of this would be a great boon for us who are designing games for mobile devices.

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Yes, 'Generate Texture Atlas' doesn't have this capability currently in any way. The textures are generated at their actual size inside Symbol definition. You can request for this functionality using the feature request Wish-form.

For SpriteSheets, you can you use the Symbol on stage, scale it to 2x/3x and then click generate Sprite Sheet. It should get you the scaled assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think what's funny is: even if I go into the movie clip, select all frames and transform everything up to 200% (where it looks fine), upon exporting to texture atlas, the images are at the 100% size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you gone into the publish settings and made sure images are maxed out?Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 2.14.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, I'm taking about the "Generate Texture Atlas" feature when you right-click on an MC (in the library or on the stage).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 'Generate Texture Atlas' doesn't have this capability currently in any way. The textures are generated at their actual size inside Symbol definition. You can request for this functionality using the feature request Wish-form.

For SpriteSheets, you can you use the Symbol on stage, scale it to 2x/3x and then click generate Sprite Sheet. It should get you the scaled assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I have filled in a feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines