• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

there's an error in my flash program upon upgrading from CS3 to CS4

May 27, 2009 May 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, i'm using AS3.

I cannot divulge too much, but i have a multiscene, fairly complex flash program that runs fine in CS3. Upon upgrading to Flash CS4 - i can open the file and edit it any which way, but when testing it (ctrl+enter) i get an error in the output window (1009) and a blank test window, as if it doesn't want to start.

Why?

i can only provide few specifics if needed. thanks.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

There were changes in CS4 that could in some cases let you get away with things that you couldn't in CS3, mostly to do with going to a frame and trying to do something to an object that now exists on that frame. Error 1009 is what happens if you try to use something that isn't there yet. I guess it's possible that because CS4 is better at using objects at the new frame, that it may have triggered a problem that CS3 wouldn't have triggered.

In any case, first thing you could try is updating to the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There were changes in CS4 that could in some cases let you get away with things that you couldn't in CS3, mostly to do with going to a frame and trying to do something to an object that now exists on that frame. Error 1009 is what happens if you try to use something that isn't there yet. I guess it's possible that because CS4 is better at using objects at the new frame, that it may have triggered a problem that CS3 wouldn't have triggered.

In any case, first thing you could try is updating to the recent 10.0.2. That fixed a lot of issues, and may improve things for you:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines