• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent button over video background

Participant ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to overlay buttons over top of the MP4 video component in an HTML5 canvas project?  When I tried they were hidden underneath. Even though on top in timeline.

Trying to create a video player with looping background and when user touches screen anywhere timeline goes to menu.  (the old Encore DVD days, I know )

thanks in advance, rg

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest solution might be to also use an HTML5 component for the button. Then it should stay on top of the video. You might also be able to put the listener on to the video component, and have no button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put the canvas over the video.

Create a video-under.css file, then link that css file to your project.

#canvas{

z-index: 1;

}

#ID_OF_VIDEO{

z-index: 100;

}

Replace "ID_OF_VIDEO" with the instance name you give the video component on stage.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it will be fine just

#dom_overlay_container {

z-index: -1;

}

and transparent canvas background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but where exactly do you place this code? can anyone spare more details on this process for a noob!

#dom_overlay_container {

z-index: -1;

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that would be inserted into your html file (which is overwritten, unless you edit your publish settings) within style tags or just add z-index:-1 to your inline #dom_overlay_container style property.

ie, change your publish settings so you stop overwritting your html.

(but this won't work unless you can publish a transparent stage, ie edit the html again to change the animation_container and canvas element styles:

<!-- write your code here -->
</head>
<body onload="init();" style="margin:0px;">
<div id="animation_container" style="background-color:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0); width:962px; height:541px">
<canvas id="canvas" width="962" height="541" style="position: absolute; display: block; background-color:rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);"></canvas>
<div id="dom_overlay_container" style="z-index: -1;pointer-events:none; overflow:hidden; width:962px; height:541px; position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; display: block;">
</div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

OR:

1.change your stage to be transparent (click stage>properties panel>stage>color swatch>alpha 0

2.publish or test.

3.now change the publish settings>html/js>untick overwrite html

4.now you need only change the z-index in the dom_over_layer container as shown above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thank you so much Kglad! 

I followed your directions the simpler ones here:

1.change your stage to be transparent (click stage>properties panel>stage>color swatch>alpha 0

2.publish or test.

3.now change the publish settings>html/js>untick overwrite html

4.now you need only change the z-index in the dom_over_layer container

So I just added that code snippet you said to that area:

"z-index: -1"

so it looked like this:

<div id="dom_overlay_container" style=" z-index: -1;pointer-events:none; overflow:hidden;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is my crappy example test case but I am psyched...I am working on doing choose your own adventure videos and animations with my high school students...

https://storm5.s3.amazonaws.com/stormyweather2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

be careful about posting links that are unrelated to a current issue/problem/solution.  it doesn't take much to get banned here if you're perceived as a spammer/self-promoter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh good tip, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

(btw, having something i enjoyed viewing, and was clearly not commercial in nature, didn't hurt your case.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines