• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using a rigged character in another project?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  2 fully rigged characters. They each reside in different projects. (A.xfl and B.xfl)

How can I bring them both into a third project in a way that retains the armature for each character? (C.xfl)

Thanks. This is just drag and drop in Toon Boom...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Just select the symbols of your character and copy them. Start a new document and do a paste command. All your symbols will be added to your new doc including any nested assets and hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're thinking of a different Animate. This Animate is Adobe, the Animate you're referring to is now a defunct program made by Toon Boom that turned into Harmony.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Animate CC.

Sorry if my question wasn't clear for you.

I am trying to do what I explained above. When I use Toon Boom it is just a drag and drop thing. I can't find a way to do it in Animate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the symbols of your character and copy them. Start a new document and do a paste command. All your symbols will be added to your new doc including any nested assets and hierarchy.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside, it's unusual to make XFL files. That was done long ago to help with version repositories. I think most animators would use FLA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree Colin - the XFL thing threw me.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy paste the entire layer containing your rigged characters across files.

You can also copy paste layers inside a new symbol and then copy paste the symbol across documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines