• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using brush library makes program freeze

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wanting textured brush strokes in my animation.  But when I use the Paint Brush tool to utilize the textures available (as opposed to the fluid brush tool I've been using), every brush stroke becomes its own symbol in object drawing mode.  Too many symbols then cause the program to freeze for a moment, unresponsive.  Then when it returns, everything is slow, even simple tasks like adding a level or deselecting something becomes slow.  This happens even after I've broken apart the object.  I'm working on Windows 10 Pro, and my computer seems to exceed the minimum requirements needed for Adobe Animate, even though it is four years old.  This is my second year using Animate, so I hope I've used the correct language, as this is all new to me.  I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong and how I can use textured brush strokes from the brush library without my working coming to a crawl.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Animate.]

It goes without saying that graphics intensive apps require ample computer resources.  Failing that, your results & experience may be less than satisfactory.  See links below.  And keep in mind that these are merely baseline requirements.  More RAM, a faster chip and better GPU will give better results.

- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html
- https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a tutorial on the different brushes and how to use them .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDSP4E8eXoA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm exerpiencing the same problem. Doing a sketch background layer I wanted to use brush patterns to show leaves. They are available in liquid brush as a floral design. But you are correct they are translated as symbols and the program freezes. I am able to continue if I "break apart" the symbols. But the layer gets more cumbersome and creates problems. Also I am concerned that using the regular brush for cross hatching or numerous "sketching" style strokes overloads the program as well. Is the issue that animate is a VECTOR program and that each added line has so much information that the more one uses the more bloated the file? I like using animate because the vector allows for any resizing - but if this is not really the best place for drawing I'd like to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is the tool of choice for making vector graphics.

Photoshop is best for raster images.

Use the right tools for the job -- graphics apps for images, After Effects or Animate to bring them to life.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that it is better not to use animate to "paint" - but better for simpler characters and animation? In other words creating outlined characters and using paint bucket to "fill" enclosed shapes is preferrable? Attached is a still image from an animate file - the top layer was originally in a fla file that contained decorative "wet brush" strokes that had automatically become symbols and I tried to break apart. Also the layer contains lots of fine regular brush strokes. I had to stop doing the layer because it hung up the program even when I'd shut it down. Once I extracted the layer the program worked normally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines