Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utility of creating with Animate in AS3

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just a basic question. Is it a good idea to still creating (like desktop app) in ActionScript (AS3) ?

As Flash is no longer working ?

What do you think ?

Many thanks

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not a good idea to create anything that needs the flash player, but you can still create air files with as3 that don't require the flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much kglad,

Ok but the Air SDK is no longer priveded by Adobe, so I don't know if it's a good idea.

But actually how people does to create desktop Apps with Adobe product ?

Because with HTML5 canvas you need a browser and i would like to create full screen apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think there's much you can create (with or without animate) without the end-user having something installed on their desktop, but yes there are better choices than animate for app creation whether desktop or mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this doesn't seem like I'm contradicting kglad.  He knows a lot more than I ever will.  Besides, I agree with everything he said.  I just want to let you know that you were'nt not entirely correct when you said  "As Flash is no longer working ?"  You can still use the Flash Player for AS3, SWF files.  Just right click the icon for the swf, choose "open with" from the dropdown, and search for the player.  Of course this means the player must still be installed on your system, but if it isn't you can reinstall it from the Adobe site.  

Understand I'm not recommending this; I'm just letting you know the options.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much both of you,

It's now more clear for me.

It's mean I can continue creating "projector Windows" or "Projector Mac" for my new projects without beeing afraid of stop working in 6 month or one year 🙂

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or for some, starting creating with Unity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Besides using AIR, you can also use the HTML5 Canvas document and embed the output in a webview using something like Cordova or Electron to create desktop and mobile apps.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, Thank you João

Usually it's what I'm doing in HTML5 and then Electron and working well.

I didn't knew Cordova so I will have a look 🙂

Best

Philippe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines