Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VCam not exporting correctly or showing in preview

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first post so uh yeah...

So when I try to use a Vcam, it doesn't show in the "Test Movie" or when I export it into Swivel and it shows the whole picture, not just the section inside the camera.
I'm not that new to Adobe Animate, and I dont really understand the ActionScript code behind it
I've tried different Vcams, like Jazza's Vcam and Shuriken's Vcam and both of them don't work, and speaking of Shuriken's Vcam, I used it before and it worked, but now it doesn't.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
ActionScript , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would using the native camera in Animate solve your problems? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, but it's not as good as the Vcams

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, I found out that when I deleted some frames, the camera suddenly works again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you've found a solution, but I think I found a cause.

My vcam breaks if the scene has any frame with a color effect. Removed an opacity effect and it all worked fine again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lucky to find this issue! I am having the same problem. I want to have the tint color effect but I don't want the damn camera breaking. Solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to apply the effect to objects within the frame rather than the frame itself. It was frustrating when I had to turn everything into symbols just to add effects, but it got the job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines