• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should i do to make fla file work on after effect?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me, why i can't export my fla file after an update. I used to work with both animate and after effect for my animation production. But almost 2 months this pipeline Animate to after effect doesn't work anymore even i did a thousand updates. Did I make a mistake in the export? or is the problem with adobe itself? 

Hizkia28655513sbtb_0-1677684722451.png

TOPICS
Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

I have both the latest versions and it errors out for me too. I am using a mac. I don't even see a way to export a fla from after effects. I have never done this. So I am interested in how this works.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.37.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.37.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.37.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.44.41 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

That's how I understand it now, thank you.
Oh, and 2 days after I posted my "FLA doens't load in After",  an update in Animate madeit possible again…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you saved your fla and tried to import into after effects?

if so, post your question in the after effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been fixed in v.23.0.0.

Mario_CR_0-1677690564405.png

Mario_CR_1-1677690730520.png

Make sure both Animate and After Effects are updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both the latest versions and it errors out for me too. I am using a mac. I don't even see a way to export a fla from after effects. I have never done this. So I am interested in how this works.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.37.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.37.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.37.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-03-01 at 5.44.41 PM.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah looks like it broke again: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/unable-to-import-fla-files-into-ae/idi-p/13575254

Well a workaround is to publish your layers in SWF archive format from Animate.

Go to the properties panel (doc tab) > Publish Settings > More Settings > check the SWF Archive option and hit Publish.

Mario_CR_0-1677718734264.png

Each layer on the main timeline will be converted into separate SWF files which you can then import into After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, 23.3.1 doesn't load FLA. Thank you @Mario_CR for the Archive workaround.

Btw, new question : in the archive export, i don't see sequences, is it expected or have I missed something ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a sequence, it's a series of layered SWFs. Each SWF corresponds to a layer in your Animate file. Import them all at once into After Effects.

This method is essentially the manual version of the import FLA option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how I understand it now, thank you.
Oh, and 2 days after I posted my "FLA doens't load in After",  an update in Animate madeit possible again…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Franck Payen 

thanks for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines