Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when exporting as animated gifs unwanted circles form Symbols appears

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I export my simple animation based on Symbols as animated Gif, unwanted circles appears (black outlines). I assume those circles indicate where the Symbols (grafics) are, but should not be visible in the preview and  the final outcome.

Please, anybody knows how I can get rid off the circles? I assume it is some configuration issue I am not aware of.

Many thanks!

Katerina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed* a screenshot of your export image settings

gif.png

kglad_0-1613142453189.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot,but the circles are still there...they are popping up. Might be something I have to configure in the property of the Symbols?

THANKS a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, embed a screenshot of your export image settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 21.17.10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see black circles using your settings.

if you click control>test movie>in animate, do you see the black circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I exoprt it as animated gif, the circles - white with black outlines pop out. They are actually indicating where the symbols are.

I stopped the animation and captured the issue.Captura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 22.22.19.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 22.22.28.pngCaptura de pantalla 2021-02-12 a las 22.22.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you click control>test movie>in animate, do you see those circles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you see those circles in any timeline keyframes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those circles are the symbols. When I click on them, I can open the actual timeline of the symbol. What happens is that the first key frame in the timeline of the symbol is empty...so in the main timeline you dont see nothing, but the circles. I rember those from flash, but they never appeared once exported.... many thanks for helping. I am new to animate and not sure how to sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you open the timeline of the symbol, do you see the circles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the circle turns into '+' symbol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the circle/+ is the reg/pivot point.  that shouldn't be visible when testing or viewing published files.

if you're sure they are visible, post a link to your fla file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when testing i don't see the circles:

kglad_0-1613580136670.png

assign a custom keyboard shortcut (edit>keyboard shortcuts) if you have none now

reset your animate preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/set-preferences.html

confirm you successfully reset preferences by checking your custom shortcut has been reset

retest your swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, it is the fla file itself. Could you open it in your Adobe Animate? I can see the circles and when exported as animated gif it is there. This work is for a client and he can see the circles... not sure what to do! I reset all the preferences and the little circle outlines still there...drives me nuts ;)))) many thanks for your hep really!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!! YESSSS

So the issue was that the first keyframe of the timeline inside the symbol was empty! that's why appeared the circle!

So what I did, I coppied the second frame into the first one and in 'color effect' i put 0% opacity/alpha ..... so there is a frame, but invisible content.... and voila, the circles disappeared. SO CHUFFED!

Many thanks for your great help, really do appreciate it! MANY THANKS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad you got it fixed.  (and you're welcome.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarre that an empty nested frame still caused this circle to appear. I've never seen this before.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i didn't see the circles on testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines