• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When using Eraser Tool and then Undo, some lines Fill in black

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me in the past and I have ignored it a couple of times due to me not finding answers on the internet. Now that I'm more active in animating, it comes to be of a nuisance, so, I decided to find some help from the Adobe community.

Problem: "Whenever I Undo an erased line from a drawn line that haves closed gaps and/or passed through more than one line and closed in that group of line's gaps, this closed lines automatically fills in black. When undoing this unwanted filled gaps, the undo takes away a chunk of the sketch (the chunk that was affected by the fill) and won't undo the fill in black that appeared in the first place."

I tried restarting my computer (no difference), check if the application was up to date (it is), un-plug and re-plug my graphic tablet; the device is an XP-PEN (no difference). MacBook Pro is up to date, not that the Mac being updated will influence the application's performance. I'm in need of guidance.

TOPICS
Error , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

I may have found a way around the issue (not in particularly solved)

So, after a headache relief shower, I came up with some ideas of what may be the connection of my problems. After the lovely n. tilcheff told me about changing between versions of the application, it got me thinking: if in every version of Animate the frame still retains the odd status, it must mean that the drawing probably changed into something, a symbol of some sort (just an example) by an accidental shortcut, or just a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me this looks like a bug (of which Animate has many).

Suggestion: Install Animate 2020 side by side with your most recent version to see if the behaviour is the same.

If not, go back through the AA 21 versions to see if you can find one that does not have it and stick with it.

Always install new major versions separately to have a base for comparison. Only if you are 100% certain that the new one satisfies you in every respect, remove the previous.

Animate has been in a state of perpetual beta for many years and any update can now break any feature, as we could see with latest 21.0.8 not being able to import audio; previous AA 21.x.x crashing on Paste in Place and so on...

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very interesting about animate being in a state of beta. Not something I would've expected from Adobe. Anywho, I'll see to it and compare the versions. Thanks, I'll update if anything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, here's my update to the situation:

"I went from 21.0.8 (latest), through 21.0.7-5. I stopped in version 21.0.5 because some settings were changing, and to be honest, the latest version is more precise with the setup that it has, from 21.0.6 and lower it was asking to change some versions of Media Encoder, other than that; all the versions had the same bug."

With that being said, I updated it back to the latest one, before that I uninstalled it to see if uninstalling does anything, but alas, no change. It's as if there's something I did to a tool or settings of particular tools that makes these lines convert to fills... Or symbols. I say this because as you may have seen from the video, there are some already drawn frames, and very proportion sketches, and it was out of the blue that the drawing, erasing, undoing combo started to manifest this odd fills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may have found a way around the issue (not in particularly solved)

So, after a headache relief shower, I came up with some ideas of what may be the connection of my problems. After the lovely n. tilcheff told me about changing between versions of the application, it got me thinking: if in every version of Animate the frame still retains the odd status, it must mean that the drawing probably changed into something, a symbol of some sort (just an example) by an accidental shortcut, or just a bug. I didn't find out what this odd activity is, but I got a conclusion.

Conclusion: "By drawing between different frames I found out that the problem was in the particular keyframe I'm drawing in, the other frames aren't affected by this phenomenon. Whatever made this frame to act the way it is, the only way around it is to redraw the frame. Not even copy pasting the frame elsewhere helps, it still maintains its weird state."

I'm being very descriptive just in case someone stumbles upon this and finds this helpful. If anyone knows what it means for a drawing to fill the insides of closed lines by drawing and/or erasing, and undoing, please be my guest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines