• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

work unsaved

Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen this and note sure how it happened, worked on an animation project for several hours last night, and saved versions as I went along. despite saying the most recent file was saved last night at 12:45 and the other most recent at 11:30 neither of these files have any of my work from yesterday? I'm devastated because my freelance work is needed today and I've lost a whole day of work. Never seen this before, anyone else? Using Animate.
Note: one thing in common with three most recent files is a space of 163 MB- it's like it reached this size and stopped updating after that? 

TOPICS
Error , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AS3 or HTML?

I do not believe your files are too big to be saved unless it is a limit on the drive or cloud service you were using. 

Another possibility is that they saved at a different place for some reason. Could you check your setting to see where the files are saving now and see if it is different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have checked settings, nothing saved elsewhere, nothing in recent files elsewhere. Using Action script 3. The Files from yesterday look completely normal otherwise, say they were saved, all versions are there including the last one from 12:45pm last night... Just missing my work from yesterday. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and drive space is fine- tons of free space on C: and E: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry! I cannot tell what happened. Are you using some version control system? Is it where it failed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing like that, no. thanks anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a friend pointed out this may be related to the "fast save" function, I tried this fix and haven't run into the issue again so far.

184801488_137280608395581_4533672445145728733_n.jpg

184599479_466290547963511_5978038236188635511_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about that. One thing is that you can save first and then save as with a different name. That way your files are a the same save time. Then continue with the one with the new name or index. 

I personaly work out of Google drive and it does save versions. If you sync your computer and google drive then it is saving version every time Animate saves. 

I think it is a good idea to use some version control system in order to be able to recover file in case things mess up like it did for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add that to my list of workarounds, Animate just repeated the issue. 

Diane5FA8_0-1621990880756.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

update- it happened again. Still not sure why, I don't see any of my work from yesterday....... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Diane5FA8_0-1621991092525.png

Looks like all my Monday work is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It's like "Save" won't save my work, as if it won't over write it. Only Save As works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kuryaki @Diane5FA8 Could you please let us know the Animate version that you are using?

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

version 21.0.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, are you on Windows or Mac? Please also share your OS and hardware details.

Thanks!

Mohan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows, using windows 10

Diane5FA8_0-1622122532290.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you tried to save in another folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, but I can give that a try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines