• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working with online tutorial in Animate, not working

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am recently new to Animate and am working my way through the tutorials.  The first in the sequence to include JavaScript I cannot get to work.  Its listed under the APP via "Rocket Launch - Interactive".  If anyone has built this up to completion I would appreciate being sent a copy so that I can look at the code and compare with what I have done on mine.  I bet it is simple but I am stuck.

I'll attach my attempt which does not run and includes some runtime errors which don't mean anything to me. 

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us more information about what you are trying to do with this rocket?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tutorial gives you the ability to place a button the screen and pressing it activates the rocket launch.  It uses JavaScript and I don't have a frame of reference to debug it.  

I might have said that within Animate is was part of the Online Tutorials.  It actually appears under "Hands-on Tutorial > Rocket Launch - Interactive". 

Thnks for showing interest in my plight.   I tried to drop the  .fla or .zip file but they are not acceptable formats for this forum. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rocket object starts the sequence still and to the left of the stage.  

There is a button in the middle of the screen.  

Pressing the button starts the rocket moving in an arc across the screen.

I''s simply meant to be an example of how user interaction can trigger action. 

It uses JavaScrit to make it happen.  This is the first instance of JavaScript I have encountered

and I am keed to see how it can work so that I can run with it elsewhere. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reference Hands-on Tutorial > Rocket Lunch - Interactive

There is a button you draw in the centre of the stage which is meant to contain the JavaScript that when you click the button, causes the rocket to launch.  Without this, the rocket would launch on opening the window. 

I'm keen to see a working JavaScript so that I can get an idea of the required syntax. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the rocket ship launching timeline needs a 

this.stop()

on its first frame

the button parent timeline needs

this.buttoninstance(ie, use the correct instance name).addEventListener("click", launchRocktF.bind(this));

function launchRocketF(){

this.rocketinstance(ie, use the correct instance name).play();

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't mean an online tutorial. you mean the tutorial in animate>help>hands-on tutorila>rocket lauch-interactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's true, mea culpa.  

Problem still exists however. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the hands on tutorials are problematic. use the online tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

but why is the a problem running Java or actions. What does the error mean 'Frame numbers in EaseJS start at 0 instead of 1'?

im not able to test preview any of the animation and the Java is not working at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that frame message is informational, not an error message.

java is not the same as javascript. do you have a javascript error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start the tutorial file, before adding the button, I get the error message and then no preview. I'm looking for an online tutorial for creating buttons to start movie clips for the new version but I don't see anything. Thanks for your help. It looks like a few other people have had the problem but I could be screwing it up 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pig run tutorial had the same glitch. I got that one to publish correctly by switching the doc type. HTML 5 Canvas documents are not previewing at all on my version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, don't use the hands-on tutorials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I just did a short tutorial 

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/kb/create-buttons.html

And it's giving me a call to undefined method alert. Again trying to create a button but the Java isn't giving me the right output. 

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Created button. Used this code snippet. No output. Just the error

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're using javascript (not java) in an as3 document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👍🏾 thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2024 Apr 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

are your problems solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad, unfortunately no. I searched for more basic videos but there definitely seems to be a problem with my mac or Adobe's software. I'm getting the same error whenever I try to publish an HTML 5 Canvas doc, no preview, I tried switching browsers, still doesn't work. I've literally spent 24 hours trying to figure out how to get this current version of Animate to do simple button scripts. Crazy. No biggie, I was just playing around to see if Animate was still a decent tool for tis but I'll stick with other software for Java and interactivity. This version of Animate is really not good for this work it seems to me. Could just be me. Thanks for all the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what error after using the correct code for your document type?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried this tutorial https://youtu.be/8OfSnsvYcLs?si=IEBGyeA-z5RPyGOg

ran it in both Action Script and HTML 5. HTML 5 file turned up same error wouldn't preview and wouldn't work when published.

AS file didn't work when published but did not trigger any errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you start a canvas/html5 file, you won't see that error.  so, what do you see that you think is a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, I tried with both. The HTML file gave me the same error about the frame and didn't preview. The AS file previewed but the code didn't work. Makes sense I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, that frame message is informational, not an error message.

if your browser opens and nothing displays, open the browser console and look for errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines