• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XMLConnector with Czech characters in the URL

New Here ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing a game that use the XMLConnector object to bring local xml data into a DataSet object.  My URL is, for example: data/quiz.xml.  I have everything working well.  But I'm localizing my game for Czech and Russian and when the game is installed to a path with Czech specific (high ascii) characters, the data import fails.  This is strange because the relative path (data/quiz.xml) doesn't change.  For example, my Czech install path contains the partial path: Vyšetřit Bobíčka.  If I just use normal English characters for this, I don't have a problem.  The swf is an embedded sprite in a Director game, but I don't think this is relevant.

I looked into using fl.mapPlayerURL to format the path as UTF-8 but it doesn't look like this is the solution.  Another thing I thought of would be embed the xml data inside Flash and copy it to a temp folder when needed.  I'm using AS2.

Any solutions or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No big rush to answer your question I see!

I don't know the answer either, but one thing as a possible work around, have Director get the text, and pass it into the Flash sprite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already solved this with Valentin's help.  I just convert the full XML file path to a DOS 8.3 path with baShortFileName and pass that to the Flash sprite.  It could be that CS4 or another work around will fix it also.

Barring a complete rewrite, the XML files need to be external.  That's the way the Flash object works as far as I know.

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've already solved this with Valentin's help. I just convert the full XML

file path to a DOS 8.3 path with baShortFileName and pass that to the Flash

sprite. It could be that CS4 or another work around will fix it also.

Barring a complete rewrite, the XML files need to be external. That's the

way the Flash object works as far as I know.

Thanks,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines