• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can´t edit images in graphic symbols in Photoshop (not updating in Animate 2020)

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have fixed animations where we only need to replace the products every now and then. 

Normally, we click the image in a graphic symbol and click edit, PS opens, we change the product and save it.

Then it updates in Animate. That is not happening anymore.

No matter what we do, even though the images look like they´re saving in PS they do not update in Animate.

Strange thing is we can doodle something with the Brush tool in PS and it updates immediately.

So something tells me the link between Ps and An is not broken, but still we can´t replace them.

I tried dragging the layer, copy-pasting inside the same layer, even making sure the name of the layer in Ps is the same, to no avail.

Bug? 

The workaround is saving the image outside and reimporting it to the Animate library, but that´s a few extra steps we´d like to skip.

Thoughts?

TOPICS
Import and export , Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I dont use this feature much but just thought I'd share my experience.

I editted an image from Animate in Ps recently. Whatever I was doing added another layer in Ps to the image I was editting. I saved in Ps- nothing changed in Animate. Then I flattened all the layers to one layer in Ps- saved it and it updated in Animate. 

So maybe it is when more than one layer exists in Ps when saving?

It might not have been like this or always been like this but as I use it very rarely then this is what worked for me recently.

Hope this helps in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens a lot, especially with updates... but there is any easy fix!
when you click the image, to the right of the details, inthe Object Properties, there is a lil pencil box icon, that is the EDIT btn.
click that, to re-establish how you want to edit it. Then select the photoshop app and you are good to go!
then you will also be able to right click the image, and the menu selection "edit in photoshop" will no longer be grayed out, and you will be able to use that!

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 2.12.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines