Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost my work

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I wanted to work on my animation today, but when I opened the file, scene1 (with all my work in it) was deleted and replaced with an empty scene2 although the file was still 150mb. Fortunately I still had an older version and only lost about 5 seconds of animation. I also had an .SWF file with the last 5 seconds still in it. I put the last 5 seconds from the .SWF file in the older version as an .MP4, but when I saved the file under a different name, closed and reopened the "fixed" file, I got another error telling me it couldn't open the file.
Is there something going on with Adobe Animate I should be aware of? Is there also a way I can recover an old save from Animate that still has scene1? I should also add, I'm currently working on a computer with Adobe Animate 2019 on it. The computer is quite old and the newest version isn't compatible with it.

Kind regards,

Iris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

I'm sorry about this.

There are basically four things you can try:

- Search for the auto-recovery FLA files that Animate creates like described here;

- Rename the .fla to .zip and/or .rar and try to recover it using WinRAR or another similar archiving program. Then rename the file back to .fla;

- Try to recover deleted files from the file system in the Recycle Bin / Trash or by using softwares like Recuva;

- Decompile the most recent exported SWF.

Please tell us if any of these methods could solve your problem or if you still need help.

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines