• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parented layers not moving or rotating on their own

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm creating a character rig with individual layers for each moving part (like left hand > left lower arm > left upper arm, etc) and I'm getting issues where some layers are refusing to move if I click and drag them. In fact, no transformations work. When I scale or rotate them, it appears to change, but the outline box goes back to the old version, then another transformation reverts them back to before I scaled or rotated it.)

(what happens when I try to rotate it.)

(Picture of my current parenting map)

Anyone know what's going on here? I can't make this character move if this issue persists.

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mate,

I saw a similar topic yesterday and no one replied.

Not really sure what the reason may be, but it could be a bug.

Layer Parenting is quite new and not really up to standard for real production. Even when it works you would very often hit dead ends.

Not sure if you are familiar with Flanimate Power Tools and Smart Magnet Rigs, but it may be worth having a look.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines