Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parenting view button

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I went to the help page on Adobe and I watched couples tutorials, in there the Parenting view button is already there.  On my Timeline, this button is not there.  Why?  Where is it?  I really can't find it.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Hi Hugo

Your timeline panel seems to be mixed up. It's not easy to recognize, but

• The Camera button is bottom right of the row New Layer, New Folder and Delete
  • right of Add Camera is a smallish grey field, can't really see what that is but normally Add Camera, Show Parenting View and Click to invoke Layer Depth Panel should all be in one row together
  • Click to invoke Layer Depth Panel is instead on top of timeline right of An app title
  • An app title shouldn't actually be there where it is
  • the Insert key

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugo

In my Animate v19.0 Build 326 the Show Parenting View button is here:

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 19.24.19.png

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more ...

It might be that you have to tick Mode: Use Advanced Layers in Document Settings ( ctrl/cmd + j ). Otherwise the button is greyed out.

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I already tried that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"No, I already tried that!", does that mean Use Advanced Layers is activated?

I see from your screen photo that the buttons for New Layer, New Folder and the Delete trashcan are at the bottom of the timeline panel. What version of Animate are you using?

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why not on mine?

thumbnail_IMG_1875.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! I haven't seen that baboon in forever. I think Chris Georgenes created that. AKA _keyframer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol ! Yup. He's one of mine! Love it. Created him for an article many years ago.  He's in one of my books also.

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is!

I using the newest version.  I just installed it couples days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugo

Your timeline panel seems to be mixed up. It's not easy to recognize, but

• The Camera button is bottom right of the row New Layer, New Folder and Delete
  • right of Add Camera is a smallish grey field, can't really see what that is but normally Add Camera, Show Parenting View and Click to invoke Layer Depth Panel should all be in one row together
  • Click to invoke Layer Depth Panel is instead on top of timeline right of An app title
  • An app title shouldn't actually be there where it is
  • the Insert keyframe and Step forward to next Keyframe and Step backwards ... buttons are right of the Layer's names. They should be where the control, onion skin etc buttons are

What I would try, is

1. Use Window -> Timeline to hide Timeline and then show it again. Maybe it refreshes itself.
  2. Try different Window -> Workspaces, maybe things fall into place
  3. Are you using a user defined Workspace? From before you installed this version? Maybe there is a problem
  4. Try to drag/enlarge the left part of the Timeline
  5. do basically anything possible to manipulate the UI

Well, if nothing of this helps, then maybe ...

reset your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2017/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/2017/)

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

You were right, Klaus.

Hugo version is not the latest.

The advanced layers mode now can only be enabled/disabled in the document settings.

Hugo, can you please go to Help > About Animate and check your version?

It should be Version 19.1 (Build 349).

Regards,

JC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried everything that you told me, kdmemory, and the Parenting View Button is still not there. Thanks anyways!

Also, I have the version 18.02.  I will continue to ask around.

Hugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 18.02 is not the latest version! Why not update to v19.1 and the Parenting View Button will be there.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok! I thought that I was.  I just read that Adobe can't instal v19.1 because my lap top is not good enough.  It might be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that. But it's true, Layer Parenting was/is first introduced in version 19.0. See What's new and changed in the October 2018 release of Animate CC (version 19.0) . So in your version 18.02 you can't find it, it's not there.

Out of interest: What does it actually say when you try to update to 19.0 or 19.1 ? I mean it doesn't really say your lap top is not good enough, does it. Or does Creative Cloud not offer this update at all?

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I see!

I'm still very new to Animate, I started to learn just a few days ago.  I'm using the book Animate in a classroom, but with the v19, that why I was confuse. 

When I installed Animate it says 'The most recent version Animator CC doesn't work on your system.  We will install a oldest version until the update of your system.'   I didn't notice this when I first installed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines