Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition project will not play sound

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I'm running a 2023 Macbook pro with Audtion 2024. I created a project with recorded audio files and exported a mixed MP3 to use for a podcast. (everything went fine)

The Issue

I needed to make a few edits to the project and it will not play sound. I have the file saved in two different locations. (desk top and external hard drive). Neither location will play sound. The imported files that are a part of the project will not play either.

However, other auditon project will play without issue. 

What I've done to trouble shoot. 

• Updated audition
  • restarted computer
  • tried to use a back up from project
  • checked audio hardware preferences
  • checked computer sound
  • tested different projects (sound worked)

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Multitrack editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damond292830486qz8,

Are you able to get the audio from the source files used in the session? if yes. then check the audio fader and track mapping. if you still notice issues then please email the session file to audbugs@adobe.com

Regards

Abhishek  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another thing to watch out for is if you've used any 3rd parth plugins (VST, etc.) they might be killing the audio for one reason or another.  I had a plugin that, for whatever reason, stopped thinking that I'd paid for it.  I just had to click the little key icon and re-register it and then my audio was back.  But that was easy to track down.  Just expand your multitracks so that you can see the levels of all of them and see if some have levels moving and one or more do not.  In my case I had 4 routing from one track through 4 subsequent bus tracks and one of the bus tracks had the bad behaving plugin (so that bus track output was gone).

Votes

Translate

Translate