• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio files have no sound after crash

New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was editing audio in a multitrack session when Audition crashed. After I reopened the program, the audio files all played without sound - not just in Audition, in other programs too. I can still see their waveforms in the multitrack session, but when playing, the level at the bottom shows nothing. Other programs tell me the files are completely mute. Is there any way to recover the audio since Audition still remembers the waveforms?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Multitrack editor , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What causes the visual display of files is completely separate from any of the actual content - that's what .pkf files are for, and what they do - the visual part of the thing. I'm a little surprised that the audio has really gone though - Multitrack is basically a player, and doesn't wreck files at all - in fact it doesn't have a mechanism for doing that.

Are you sure that it's the actual files you are trying to play, and not the .pkf files? That would give you the impression that the files were empty, certainly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, that explains why audition still shows the waveform in Multitrack. I guess it also means the actual audio is gone and can't be recovered... I'm definitely trying to play the wav files, not the pkf. Still, thank you for your fast reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate