• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

brand new Audition/Windows 10 rig crashing EVERY TIME I close it or close the session

Participant ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using Audition CS6 with Windows 7 and 2 UAD plugin cards for 15+ years with pretty much flawless operation, a couple of weeks ago I purchased Audition to run on my Windows 10 laptop (where I also have UAD plugins running) and have had nothing but crashing. Every single time I "Close All" or close the program, it crashes and I get an error message. I have sent multiple "reports" to Adobe via the  error message window along with my email address. 

1. crashing when closing, every time

2. the other day I was puzzled why my piano volume wasn't changing, and I realized that the volume envelopes on the track weren't working. I tried adjusting them, no change. So I 'closed all' (crash of course) and restarted Audition with the session. It was fine after that.

3. ** everytime it crashes, Audition creates a folder called "Backup" in the session folder of the session I was working on and creates many new .sesx files. (It created 77 sesx files in this new folder for one of the session!!! WTF?)

Unfortunately, my Windows 7/CS6 tower studio computer has just developed an unrelated problem, and I have had to take it in for service, and I am in the middle of a mixing job (I have pro 16 track studio), leaving me 100% reliant on my Audition/Windows 10/Apollo rig.  But I don't trust the new Audition now (and especially when the client is there!..very stressful).

Please help, THANKS!!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?