Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shocking lack of stability in Audition 2024

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2024 May 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I as a radio producer, often working with tight turnaround times, and it's extremenly important that I can rely on the tools I use each day to create content for broadcast.

For many, many years, Adobe Audition has been that tool.

Yet recently, I have encountered a series of unexpected and unexplained crashes in Adobe Audition 2024 that have caused me to lose already saved work, resulting in hours of wasted time. These crashed have occured both in Waveform view and-- more troubling-- in Multitrack view, where entire sessions were wiped out and could not be recovered.

Of course, I have sent error reports after the crashes, but I'm wondering how it is possible that the version of Audition from 2007 running on our outdated station PCs can be more reliable, and thus more useful, than this year's version of the program. It makes me question Adobe's quality control, and to seriously reconsider whether I should still be using Adobe's products at all.

Please let me know if steps are being taken to address these unexpected crashes in Audition. Until then, I will be editing on a version of your software that came out the same year that Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone. Surely we can do better.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things: Firstly, we're a U2U self-help group and the devs basically don't visit often, so it's hardly worth griping here because they won't see it. Secondly, you haven't mentioned whether you are experiencing your difficulties on a Mac or a PC, and that's quite important. Thirdly, if you are losing work that's already saved (and bear in mind that if this was an Audition issue, we'd almost certainly know about it), that points to a problem with your OS, not Audition.

What generally works best is for you to post a typical crash log text into a thread. That way we can triage it and head you off in the correct direction. I'm not doubting that you have a problem - it's just that nobody can get anywhere with it without some actual evidence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks very much for your reply, and I do apologize for griping without a providing suffficient explaination to actually recieve guidance. I didn't know this was strictly U2U.

I'm using a Mac, and will copy in a crash log report next time I experience the issue.

Thanks agian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a fair point though - Auditon has become very unstable this year. Afrer losing TWO HOURS work, on a deadline, and, even though set to save every few minutes, findng the last is an hour ago, I am now left wonering - do I see if I can reload an earlier, safer version. Or do I look around .. I have been using Auditon since it started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A quick answer might be to go into Creative Cloud an dinstall an earlier version. I have just gone back to 23.6.6.1

Votes

Translate

Translate