• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A tiny part of a clip [c2"] gets repeated over and over

Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Playing the clip in either multitrack or waveform view, I get a tiny part of it repeated over and over until the cursor reaches the end of the clip. Seems to be like file corruption.

There are two or three copies of the edited version of the file, that all do the same. Another clip produces full level white noise [or something very like it].

Oddly, most of the clips show the original [good] waveform in waveform view, even though what you hear is just the tiny bit repeated.

Any solutions?

Many clips are affected, and we have the original but they will require masses of editing to get back to where we were.

The editor did a save before lunch, came back to find Windows 10 was insisting on doing an update, and afterwards we have this serious [massive] problem.

see also my Q titled  'Low level, and only LF' - seemed to occur at the same time.

Thanks,

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've had this problem is when an HDD is either going faulty or (especially with external drives) doesn't have a good connection or is not recognised by Windows.

A long shot but it might be worth checking the the Windows 10 update has properly recognised all your hard drives and that the file system is set the same both on drives and also on your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HDD going faulty... uh-oh..

I'll find a tool to check it out. (I know where ,[BTDTGTTS] )

I'm pretty sure they are all NTFS, but I'll check that too.

Many thanks, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines