• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACX plug in?

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there no ACX plugin yet on Audition? ACX is THE standard for audiobooks and most other audio software including Audacity and Pro Tools include a plug-in to rapidly check mp3 files before uploading to ACX or you can go to ACX lab and have it checked free. Having it ON your editing platform is faster and more convenient.

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

most other audio software including Audacity and Pro Tools include a plug-in to rapidly check mp3 files before uploading to ACX 

By @warjo

FWIW I'm not aware of a Pro Tools plugin as you state. That said for compliance in Audition just define a compatible Integrated Loudness target in the Match Loudness module. Set it to -16 or -17 LUFS [stereo]. Set True Peak to -3 dBTP. For noise floor calculation: select an area of static noise or room tone. Initiate Amplitude Statistics. Focus on the Average

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobobdy from or connected with Audition or Adobe seems to want to answer this. I've been wondering the same thing. It's a total pain to try to figure out ACX after using Audition which it shouldn't be that way, paying real money for Adobe's product. I guess Adobe doesn't care if we all migrate away from their DAW - must not mean anything to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

most other audio software including Audacity and Pro Tools include a plug-in to rapidly check mp3 files before uploading to ACX 

By @warjo

FWIW I'm not aware of a Pro Tools plugin as you state. That said for compliance in Audition just define a compatible Integrated Loudness target in the Match Loudness module. Set it to -16 or -17 LUFS [stereo]. Set True Peak to -3 dBTP. For noise floor calculation: select an area of static noise or room tone. Initiate Amplitude Statistics. Focus on the Average RMS Amplitude descriptor. That's baicially it. Of course you can analyze your work before Match Loudness using Amplitude Statistcs pre-compliance processing.

-paul.

@produceNewMedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines