• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition 3.0 crashes when enabling Waves Gold v10 Plugins

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After IT rebuilt my studio computer I now can't load Waves Gold V10 plugins on Adobe Audition 3.0. Adobe crashes every time I try to enable them in the VST manager. Waves support says the plugins are not compatible with AA 3.0, however I had no issue with this plugin package on two other machines using AA 3.0. Tried reinstalling everything but no luck. Using Windows 10.  Any advice? Thanks.

TOPICS
Crash , Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waves are pretty clear about this on this page where they potentially give you a workaround. However you look at it, you had to be running something like this previously in order for them to run at all on Audition 3 which is resolutely 32-bit - that or use jBridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Actually I don't believe I ran that on the previous machines.  Both had v10 and were 64-bit just like this rebuild.  That's why this is so perplexing.  Another forum suggested updating AA to 3.0.1 but I am skeptical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you may not believe it, but you'd be the only person in the world who managed to run 64-bit plugins on Audition 3 without one of these two options. Updating to 3.0.1 wouldn't make a scrap of difference to this either - it's resolutely 32-bit code. So I'm afraid you are mistaken.

I suspect that it was the Waves fix. That comes in the form of an installer, and it allows products released before 10th September 2015 to be installed as 32-bit apps - in other words, the code is in there somewhere, but you need the correct installer to enable it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I am the only one in the world that made it work twice!  LOL.  All kidding aside, the Gold package contains 32 and 64 bit, but none will load even when only enabling just the 32's in VST manager - nothing shows up, no VST directory in Effects.  The Waves workaround link says it's for 32-bit operating systems.  Mine is 64-bit.  Your saying this still may "work" for my issue? I am not familiar with jBridge. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I think I can see what might be going on. When you run 32-bit Audition 3 on a Windows 10 64-bit OS you are actually running an emulation - so effectively it's not running directly on the OS itself. In a way it's good that Microsoft let you do this in pretty much an invisible way (unlike Apple, who really couldn't give a stuff about people with older software they want to run), but I suspect that when it comes to the .dlls necessary to run VST plugins, it has to be configured differently in some way before they'll run at all. Also this may have something to do with the way RAM is addressed, but there are other possibilities too. So it's potentially a bit of a minefield...

All the comments I've read about this sort of issue recommend jBridge as being a good solution, FWIW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions. This ended up being an easy fix. Simply needed to install V9 of the offline plugins and it worked! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines