• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition 3 - reinstall?

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About 11 or 12 years ago I purchased Adobe Auditoion 3.0. I installed and registered it legally. When the computer it was on crashed, I stopped using the product, and eventually tossed the old PC away.  I still have it in the original packaging with the install codes on a sticker on the back. Now I want to install it in a new Windows 10 computer. Can I do that?

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have been one of the last people to be able to register it, then - that's about when the server crashed completely. For several years after that, an 'unlocked' version was available direct from Adobe, but more recently their lawyers have instructed them to remove it, for reasons that are somewhat obscure, and we're not allowed to discuss. There are any number of threads about it on the forum - as a look at the Related conversations would reveal. If you look around, you should probably be able to find a copy of the unlocked code, and its key (you need both). Initially I suggest looking in the Wayback machine. Whilst we can tell you where to look, any actual link to it on any Adobe site would be taken down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow up. I tried to install Adobe Audition 3 on my new Windows 10 machine and it said "Activation was unsuccessful because the Activation Server was unavailable at this time." It gave me 3 options. RETRY, PHONE ACTIVATION and CANCEL. When I called the phone number, a recording told me thay no longer do activations by phone. Retry is useless.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution I gave you above is the only one there is. There is no Audition 3, or activation, available from Adobe. And your original software is completely useless. Period. You may not like this very much, but it's the official line and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same (big) problem and, above all, some rather complex projects left half-finished a few years ago that I can't finish.
Having bought the original software (naturally I can provide codes and invoice, if necessary), I would ask someone who downloaded the activateable version from the Adobe website in the past few years, when it was available, if they can help me in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely available on the Wayback machine as a zipped download, but it's best if you do a Google search saying exactly what you're after, rather than trying to search out the link itself. Even zipped, it's quite a large download, so it's unlikely that anybody will wish to furnish it to you directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,
thank you for your reply, I hope I chose the right file (it's about 370 MB).
Now I can use the serial I have for the original copy to install, and then Audition 3 should be activated by default?

P.S. Am I wrong or are you the former administrator of Audiomastersforum?
I used that forum 10-15 years ago, it was very useful to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2023 Sep 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to use the revised serial number - your original one won't work. If you didn't discover the unlocked serial number, let me know.

Yes, I used to administer AudioMasters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've solved, thank you - I still have to try to install, but in theory I should have everything.

Do you know if AA3.0 work on Windows 7 64 bit?
(My old system was still on XP32)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know definitively - it all depends upon whether W7 64 has the emulator in it that runs 32-bit code. If it does, it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines