• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition changes my selection region before normalizing

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2024 Jul 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone experiencing this?  Sometimes, but not always, when I select audio to normalize/hard limit, Audition shrinks the area before continuing with the operation.  It's very random and very frustrating.  I have to select the remaining audio again and process that too.  Adobe audition changes audio selected before processing 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video is not available... Is this on a Mac or a PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I hadn't changed the permissions.  It should be viewable now.  I'm using PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to look at this several times before I realised what was happening. No, it's not a bug...

What you are applying is not an effect directly, but a Favorite. Chances are that the one you are applying has a time limit in its definition, and that if you select a time to paste that's longer than the duration of the Favourite, it will be truncated. The clue was that when you carried out the Paste, the duration was exactly what you'd previously selected. The jump in time occurs only when you select the Favorite. Chances are that if you look at the Favorite you are applying, one of the selection boxes (probably the second one) won't say Relative, but will have finite times in it and have an Absolute from Start value. For what you are doing, that wouldn't be correct. Can't be absolutely sure though of which one it is without seeing the actual parameters you are applying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines