• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition: No Supported Audio Device?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2011 Mar 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently bought a new laptop. It has Windows 7, 64-bit installed on it. All my programs installed just fine, except Adobe Audition 3. I install the program, and the first time I open it, it opens just fine. I can even open an audio file it. Then, I close it and the next time I try to open it, it states:

"Adobe Audition could not find a supported audio device".

I tried installing the 3.0.1 patch; nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling; nothing. I've been running it in Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP modes; nothing! This is driving me crazy!

I have a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card installed and enabled, driver version 6.0.1.6098.

I don't know what to do anymore, there must be some fix to this. It's driving me crazy and I'm sad because I bought this program when I still had Windows Vista thinking I could use it on my next computer.

TOPICS
Audio hardware

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution:

For all issues that are related to Windows 10 1909+ incompatible installations,

Just Copy the ".exe" file to the Desktop and install it. This is an issue with Windows 10 bug for many programs and drivers that used to work with Windows 7.

Copy the files to a folder on the desktop will fix it 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem with Audition 3. It is a problem with compatibility with future Windows versions. It will not run on anything beyond 8.1 If you have Windows 10 or 11 the only workaround is to wipe your hard drive and start over with 8.1 or 7 or whatever your current sound card has drivers for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not true. It works perfectly fine on Windows 11. All you need to do is to copy the installation folder to the desktop. All works fine on my out of the box Windows 11 machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll reinterate other answers here.  I have Audition 2023 but need Audition 3 to use the ClickFix plugin for vynl transfers.  I created a destop folder and attempted a repair on the current install, which did not work.  The next time I had the installation program remove Audition 3 (but keep settings) and then did a fresh install.  Audition loaded up just fine and recognized the plug in.  I'm using Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines