Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition Not Recording Audio

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry if this is a repost, but I couldn't find ANYTHING. I cannot get Audition to simply record my audio- not even from built-in input. I've made sure my sample rate is the same throughout, I made sure everything is connected, and I made sure the computer itself recognized the audio. Any idea on why I can't even get the meter input signal to show anything?

Thanks,

Nick

TOPICS
Audio hardware , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Ok, so at my own expense, I'll give you the answer to my silly problem: My computer didn't give Audition permission to record audio. I don't think I would ever disallow that, so I'm unsure how it happened. But, in case this happens to anyone, check your privacy settings on your computer by going to system preferences, security & privacy, click microphone, and make sure Audition is checked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the transport won't move, then you haven't connected Audition to any sound device successfully - it's as simple as that. Can you show us a screen-grab of your Audio Hardware page? (Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware).

But if it simply won't record, then the chances are that if you are trying to record in Multitrack, that you haven't record-enabled a track and allocated a working input to it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I usually just make an audio file, but I tried multi-track, as well.

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.43.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so at my own expense, I'll give you the answer to my silly problem: My computer didn't give Audition permission to record audio. I don't think I would ever disallow that, so I'm unsure how it happened. But, in case this happens to anyone, check your privacy settings on your computer by going to system preferences, security & privacy, click microphone, and make sure Audition is checked off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah - if you'd said that it was a Mac, it would have been the first thing I suggested - that's happened to several people. And it wasn't something you did, it was something Apple did to you. Helpful of them, wasn't it? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I spend a day and a half pulling my hair out trying to get a new MixPre3-II to play with my MBP and Audition CC. GarageBand [junk] was functional, so I knew it was some configuration setting, but never in a million years would have guessed Apple made a security decision for me... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if Audition does not show as an option to select in Security and Privacy?  How can I add it as an option to select

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem with my Mac. Since moving to Mojave os I am unable to record on any input. Privacy and Security do not show the option of allowing Adobe Audition access to my microphone or any other input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so glad I eventually found this post and thank goodess for the internet. I had only just installed Audition having previously been using several different audio apps and DAWs for a long while and was totally at a loss. I was checking matrix I/O settings, re-mapping channels on my audio interface etc. etc and getting more and more technically obsessed until I found this post, went in and looked at my privacy settings and BINGO - all working fine. WHO sets up an installer for an AUDIO application that, by default, is set to NOT record?!?!!! Don't know whether that's Apple or Adobe's fault but, anyway, thank you nstasi914. You've saved me from going mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol Happy to be the helper for a change! Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Audition is not coming up as an option in microphones, even though it is there in general. Is there a way of getting the Adobe aoo visible as an option for microphone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!! I was so puzzled as to why my MOTU M2 worked recording audio with every app but was not recording audio with Adobe Audition. Fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you. Premiere Pro worked but not Audition because of this permission/privacy setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much nstasi914 for this reminder.  I've done this once before, long time ago, so forgot to check.  Have been processing prerecorded audio files, so hadn't noticed that Audition wasn't recording, or that it had not been acknowledged in the Privacy settings on my iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My privacy and audio hardware settings are all OK, still no trace of recordings in Audition. Using Yeti USB mic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same case on my side , did u figure out what's the problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If all else fails you can always start over. Just rename your Audition folder that is the appdata Roaming folder. This will give you a new install of Audition.

Make sure you can see hidden folders

• So change:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition 
  • To:

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Audition_Old

This will save your current setting incase this doesn't fix it, you can just rename it back.

Restart Audition and you will have to redo all your settings including your audio hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2024 Apr 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not the same as a new installation; that's just resetting all the preferences. And the chances are very good that this won't make a scrap of difference to this issue, I'm afraid. If you really want to do a reinstallation, then using the Adobe CCcleaner app is the way to go, as it clears out a lot more stuff than a simple Windows uninstall will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine isn't working, either. It did for the first few minutes, but when I opened a new project, nothing. Everything in hardware settings was fine. There wasn't even an entry for it in mic privacy settings. Downloaded audacity and it worked like a champ, so guess which one I'm using for my project? Very disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2024 Jul 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What interface are you using? We've just discovered something that will catch a lot of users out regarding Focusrite Scarletts, by letting them make one recording, and no more without rebooting. And this has nothing to do with Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines