• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition on ARM (Snapdragon X Elite)

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe plan to bring an ARM version of Adobe Audition to the new Windows Snapdragon X Elite computers? If so, when?

TOPICS
Feature request , Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Runs on it now, doesn't it? It's W11. Photoshop and Lightroom have been updated to run better on ARM, so I'd say that there's a possibility - but Adobe never say until they launch it, so we don't know yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition is not available on ARM yet. They said they are working on things like Premiere Pro, but not Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't say I'm that surprised - ARM processing really isn't going to make a lot of difference to Audition, but the video-based apps are another matter altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2024 Aug 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about making a difference Steve. Adobe has artificially stopped most x64 apps from even operating on ARM64. They need to either just allow us to run the x64 versions (emulated) or release ARM64 versions. The whole adobe compatibility thing was wildly misrepresented during the snapdragon launch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2024 Aug 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the workaround of bringing the application folder over from another PC so that it runs in emulation mode (works for Illustrator). Audition fails to launch. It's a minor part of my workflow and most of what I want to do can be done in Audacity (which does run on ARM / Snapdragon X). I don't see Audition on the roadmap for ARM support. It's frustrating that the majority of Creative Cloud applications don't run on ARM yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2024 Oct 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is Adobe Audition still do not work on new snapdragon laptops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines