• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition Templates

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a podcast tutorial, it said Adobe Audition has a built-in podcast template. I have Adobe Audition 2020. When I tried to open a new multitrack session, I clicked on the template box and the dropdown box had "None". Does anyone know why there are no templates listed?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On that dropdown, right hand end of the box, do you see a down-arrow?  Click on it.

However, the advice here is to avoid at all costs the Podcast template!  It seems to "add" all sorts of "effects" which have only served to "make life very difficult" for other users.  Caveat emptor.

HTH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HTH,

Yes, I clicked on the down-arrow.  It only came up with "None" in the drop down box.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be careful.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'HTH' stands for Hope That Helps... 😉 (it's not his name!)

Anyway, the first thing you need to do (assuming that this is a PC not a Mac - the address is slightly different on a Mac) is to look at this setting in Preferences:

template location.JPG

If for any reason you've altered it, then you won't find the templates! That is their default location.

But I have to reiterate what emmrecs said about the Podcast template - avoid it like the plague unless you understand exactly what it's doing. I have no idea why it's set up like that; it's not typical (there is no such thing as a typical podcast) and it's really not helpful to anybody starting out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Well . . . .I feel foolish about the HTH mistake. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

I'm using a MAC, not a PC.

I haven't changed any settings.

But, seeing as you and "HTH" both warned me that the template is more trouble than it's worth, I think I'll stay away from it. But, I'll still explore why no templates are listed. Guess it's the principle of the thing. Hate to think I'm paying a monthly subscription fee and not being able to access all the bells and whistles.

Thanks for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Any progress on those templates? Don't have them as well on my MacBook.

Regards,

Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well that's strange. I just got the latest version and when opening a file (Command+O) all session templates showed up. So problem solved.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines