• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Audition v22 - Text to Speech voices are limited to only two choices.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m new to using Adobe Audition. This software and Premiere Pro have been deployed to my workstation from the Creative Cloud licensing agreement my employer has in place. My operating system is Windows10.

I need to use the Text to Speech feature in Adobe Audition v22 to create audio files for videos.   I have not used previous versions of Audition and i've started a brand new project for testing this feature.

In Adobe Audition, i seem to be limited to two choices in voices: Microsoft Office – English (United States) 1 female - Zira or 1 male - David. I have downloaded the English (Canada) and French (Canada) language packs available for free from  Microsoft Office onto my computer. When I follow the online tutorial on how to change the text to speech language followed by a restart of the computer,  it does change it on my computer. However, when i go back into Audition and into the Effect - Generate Speech screen options, Language is greyed out and shows only 'English (United States)' and if i select the 'Settings' button on the same screen, it shows the same.

Greyce_0-1642002063398.jpeg

Greyce_1-1642002088725.png

Any help would be very appreciated.

Ty.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Microsoft's fault...

Text to speech select voice.JPG

Don't try clicking on 'Settings' because that doesn't do anything. You have to click on the voice selection line itself to reveal whatever it is you've downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty Steve. I did as you suggested and was still only presented with the two options. I am planning to contact our network administrator today, as i believe their admin access will allow more voice packages to be downloaded. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition can only display what voices are installed on the operating system itself.  None of the voices available are supplied by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ty _durin for confirming my suspicions about the issue. I'll be calling our Help Desk folks who have more admin rights for help in downloading more voice packs today.  Glad this is not an Adobe issue 🙂

Really appreciate this Adobe Support Community !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again,

I have an update on this issue. Today our network adminstrators were successful in downloading a number of language packages to my WIN10 OS. I thought I was good to go but then launched Adobe Audition v22 and although I can now see two addition voices English (Great Britain) and French (France), for some reason I don't see the English (Canada), English (Austrailia) or French (Canada). Any ideas why not the complete list? I'm using Adobe Audition Creative Cloud version. Does the desktop vs cloud version have any impact on this situation?

See my screenshot below:

Greyce_0-1642108421008.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm still not able to utilize the voice packages now in my Win10 OS when in Adobe Audition v 22.

Adobe Audition does not seem to recognize the voice packages for Canada - English or Canada - French.  If I can't find a fix for this issue soon, i will have no choice but to use the text - to- speech ofered by other providers.

Still hoping one of you will have a solution for me.

Thank-you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much fear that you are going to run into the same problems, whatever software you try to use - this still appears to be very much a Microsoft issue - basically about them trying to make money out of it. If you want to see how much complication and mess there is surrounding this, then put 'microsoft text to speech' into a search engine, and have a look at the results. The Wikipedia page here will give you the outline of what's changed (you need to scroll down it some way to get to the W10 bit) but what it seems to come down to is that the speech API has been changed a number of times, and that whatever version gets released with different OS's is different each time. For instance, I discovered that the Microsoft Hazel voice has simply been removed, and that even if you have it on your system, it won't work with W10 at all (see the Microsoft pages for more details).

I honestly don't know what you can do about any of this - unless you spend some money. The idea was originally that users like Adobe could write an app that would access the speech API and use it to generate speech, and as far as it goes, that's what Adobe has done. And Microsoft, who produce the API now make it amazingly difficult to use - unless, presumably, you pay them a load of money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines