• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All tools grayed out in Waveform view

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a long-time Audition user but haven't used it since last year. I'm using Adobe Cloud in Windows 10.

Problem: When I open files, none of the tools, except the playhead (curser) tool, are active. They are all grayed out. If I move the file to multitrack, the tools are visible in multitrack view, but when I return to waveform, the tools are grayed out. 

- I do not have either of the spectral displays showing, so it's not that I'm in the wrong view.

- This happens with mp4, wav, and mp3s - basically all files I've tested have this issue.

- I'm just trying to trim off 10 minutes from the audio file, but none of the tools are active in waveform view.

- If try to trim in multitrack view, it starts the audio at the wrong place when I save the file, probably because destructive actions are not permitted in multitrack view.

- I've tried restarting the app.

- The files are not set to "read-only."

Why are my tools all grayed out? Thanks.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Waveform view, the first three tools are greyed out, as they only apply to Multitrack view. The other five tools appear grey until you click on them, when the one you select is illuminated. In Multitrack view, the first three tools are available (but they are still greyed out until you select one) and the last four tools aren't available, because they are Waveform-only tools. The I-bar time selection tool is the only one you can use in both views.

The only tool you need in Waveform view to trim a track is the I bar time selection tool. Use it to select the time you want to trim from your file, and hit the Delete key. It will then be gone, and all you have to do is resave the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I found the backspace key works if delete does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines