• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and plug-ins

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so 2 questions. I'm pretty new to the whole audio editing life so I'm not to sure how to fix somethings. When I upload some audio it doesn't show as a single track. It comes up as two with a L on one and a R on the other. I'm assuming that is for Left and Right. When editing it makes it kind of difficult because the audio doesn't always match up. Is there a way to make it just a single track for editing purposes or is that is how it is? 

Second question, when I'm editing and putting plug-ins into my audio only the L track is being affected but the R stays untouched for some reason. How do I fix that so both the L and the R audio adjust to the plug-in? 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

No it was just one mic. I was able to get it to merge into one by exporting it and then re-opening the audio I exported. Once I did that it fixed both my issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Audition forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 😊 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your screen-grab, it looks as though you have different audio on each channel. If the audio really is completely separate, then you need to split the file into two mono ones, and treat them independantly. But before saying that this is absolutely the correct thing to do, then I think we need a bit more information about how the recording was made. Is it two people with a mic each, recorded in stereo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it was just one mic. I was able to get it to merge into one by exporting it and then re-opening the audio I exported. Once I did that it fixed both my issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines