• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Periodically turns Into a Squared-Off Electronic Noise?

Engaged ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lately something has been driving me crazy. I'm recording a long audio book. And I'll look over and see the wave form has turned into a squared-off solid rectangle instead of the obvious normal wave forms. I stop the recording and listen to what happened. And it just started recording some horrible electonic static for some reason. There is no corresponding noise in my computer anywhere, and certainly nothing in the room or anywhere else.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'd sure love to figure out and prevent this.

I neglected to take a screen pic of it. But next time it happens, I'll add it.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try checking to see if there's an updated audio driver for whatever device it is you are using to record. Can't tell you any more, because you haven't provided any details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that Steve. I just updated driver and firmware for the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen. I'll update here if this happens again.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know for absolute certain that this fixed it yet (not enough time recording since the last incident). But so far so good. I'll updated if it changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines