• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

audio playing ahead of waveform

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently received the update for Audition CC 2018, which I immediately installed because I like new stuff. And I have to say, I've been met with nothing but issues while using it since.

One of the most annoying issues that I'm facing is that audio playback for files recorded on my computer (this does not apply to audio files imported from elsewhere) is out of sync with what the indicator on screen would suggest.

Basically, I can hear audio about half a second before the waveform starts on my screen. In the image below, I can hear the audio where the indicator currently is, even though the wave doesn't start until a later moment.

q5wl8.png

However, when I go into the waveform editor by double-clicking the track, everything seems to be running in sync. Furthermore, I can select part of the track and remove it, and the correct piece will be removed.

I honestly have no idea what might be causing this, but it's making it very difficult to edit my projects like this.

I am running Windows 10 Pro, and this happened both before and after the fall creators update. My system has 16 GB of DDR3 memory, and all audio files are stored on an SSD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Thanks for your patience. We were hoping to originally release a patch in December, but there were some corporate things which got in the way. There should be a patch released soon which should have this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your session (without media)? Does it have effects in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Charles,

Thanks for helping out. Here is the project file. I used the "podcast" template and don't think I changed anything in the default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The bug is assigned to me. I can reproduce the issue with your session and am looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles, any update? I'm still expericing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When there's a patch available, that will show up in the CC Desktop app as an update. Alternatively, you can use Help > Updates... from within Audition at any time to see if there's an update available.

As for this issue, the *.sesx file which cascer1​ shared above has been helpful. There's a different in behavior when just pressing play after loading the session (works fine for me), but as soon as I move the playhead (i.e. drag or click within ruler to relocate) then there's an issue on a track which has the Speech Volume Leveler effect.

Having another *.sesx file would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We found the root cause of this issue and fixed it. The fix will be part of the next patch release we will ship. Thanks for reporting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have confirmed it is an issue with the "Speech Leveler" effect I had carrying from the built-in "Podcast" template.  It was an issue even though I had the effects button for the track disabled.

Once I deleted the "Speech Leveler" effect from my recording tracks, the playback immediately started working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there perhaps an update on this issue? It's been a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cascer1  wrote

Is there perhaps an update on this issue? It's been a while

Charles VW's response above covers this - it will show when it's ready, and also get a mention at the top of the forum, I expect. There will, as normal, be no prior announcement (because that commits them to something, and if it goes wrong at the last moment, it's embarrassing).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your patience. We were hoping to originally release a patch in December, but there were some corporate things which got in the way. There should be a patch released soon which should have this fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing you might want to look at (regardless of what Charles finds) is whether your video driver is up to date. Windows 10 updates have had some pretty strange effects on all sorts of things, and I suspect that some of the 3rd party driver providers are having a bit of fun trying to keep up with them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually got an update for my video driver the day after the Windows update, currently there are no new updates. I also reverted that video driver update to check if that caused it, but the problem also happens when I do that.

I'm using a GTX 1080 with driver version 387.92 if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue with Audition 2018 update running on Windows 10. Audio starts playing ahead of waveform. This specifically occurs with audio recorded through someone else's Adobe Audition (a version that hasn't installed the most recent update).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like I don't get this issue when I install the 2017 version (10.0.2) of Audition (don't worry about where I got it), so it must be some issue with the new version of Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Checked it against a 2017 version I have on another computer and there's no problem. Most definitely an issue with the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally a guess on my part but I've notice the new Audition makes more use of multi-core for running tracks and efx. I'm going to guess it's a sync issue running multi-threaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you actually get someone's attention at Adobe the last thing to do is bug them about an update. That's a perfect way to drive them away and get zero information in the future. Bugs aren't fixed and released in 3 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the opposite of good customer service for a product I pay monthly for. But thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now 2023 and I'm having the exact same problem on a very vanilla multitrack with two tracks. No plugins or effects. Can we bug them now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Er, no you can't - simply because nobody has checked your system for any obvious reasons for this happening. The first thing to check is whether there's been an updated video driver for it - that's the most common reason for visual sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing an issue where if I select a clip and reverse it, it throws the waveform out of sync by the exact length of the reversed clip.  Shouldn't the reversed clip simply fill the exact same amount of waveform space as it did before it was reversed? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like deleting and recreating the peak file corrects the issue I was having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Audition is this and on which operating system? I don't see this problem on my installation of CC 2018 v.11.1.1.3 on my Win 7 PC. The waveform is instantly reversed and appears reversed as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same symptoms but for a completely different reason: On my Mac (Mac OS Sierra) Audition and GarageBand don't seem to get along. I had the same problem (waveform and audio being out of sync) and could not figure out what caused it. In desperation I decided that I better restart the computer and in that process noticed that GarageBand was running. After quitting GarageBand (and without restoring the computer) the problem went away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines