• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 2020 Multitrack Recording Issues

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I have been encountering a recording issue with Audition 2020. I have 4 tracks armed and recording. Normally, the tracks will turn red and you can see the waveforms while recording - in real time. Now, I notice this strange anomaly where the tracks only turn red in short blocks and the waveform is slow to write on the screen. When I play back the recording, it has nasty digital noise. After a reboot, sometimes it is ok and sometimes it is not. Audio that was fine, plays choppy and noisy if I put it in the SESX file. Sometimes a few reboots will fix it, but I have to start a new project because I feel like the session is corrupted. Photos attached are the computer specs and an example of the timeline while recording.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.49.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-23 at 11.54.41 AM.png

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably need to do things like

1. make sure nothing else is running ie antivirus, internet or anything else that might take away cpu cycles

2. make sure you are not recording to an external drive

3. make sure you have plenty of free space on your drive

4. make sure the sample rate of the session is the same as your sound card

5. try and use an asio driver for your sound card (not sure if that applies to a Mac as the only Macs I come in contact with come with a coke and fries)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will check all of those things and post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. make sure nothing else is running ie antivirus, internet or anything else that might take away cpu cycles (no)

2. make sure you are not recording to an external drive (no change)

3. make sure you have plenty of free space on your drive (200GB)

4. make sure the sample rate of the session is the same as your sound card 44.1/44.1

5. try and use an asio driver for your sound card (not sure if that applies to a Mac as the only Macs I come in contact with come with a coke and fries) Mac is CoreAudio. 

Nothing changed. After like a few reboots SOMETIMES it fixes it. It actually only does it when I have to record a client. I tested it a bunch of times and nothing was wrong. Just as soon as I had to setup for a client session, it was doing it again. I'm beyond pissed and confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, Tested on a PC running audition and it worked fine. I just ininstalled Audition and reinstalled it. Seems to be ok, crossing my fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is still knackered. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So it works fine on a PC but not your Mac?

Most here run PCs so it is a bit harder to help

Try this...

Instead of recording 4 tracks at a time try just one and if that works try 2, then 3 - see if that makes a difference.

Also make sure your graphics card driver is the latest one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines