• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition 3.0 fresh installation runtime error on windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have a problem with my audition 3.0, I install it in my new PC (Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series ) with windows 10 and i keep getting a Microsoft  visual C++ Runtime library error. I have installed all Visual C++  Redistributable. Uninstall and install again. but haven't manage to fix it. It doesn't create the setting folder in the AppData folder so i can try the method of deleting or renaming the folder. I installed it in a friends computer with windows 10 and it seems to be working fine there.

Any help is appreciated

Best Regards

Leo

Operating system: Windows 10 home

processor: i7-7500U

Ram: 16GB

Graphics: Intel HD graphics 620

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Version 3 and earlier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

ANYONE.

This is sooo annoying. My legit version of Adobe Audition 3.0 worked fine on my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit OS. However, windows was migrated from WIN7 to WIN10 and Audition was installed before that. NOW when I had a motherboard crash I had to format my C drive and install WIN10 from scratch. Adobe Audition 3.0 installs OK but when starting I get the same as here above:

"Runtime Error!....."

There must be something simple that causes this. Is the proper Microfost C++ library missing ???

How do I find out which version of the C++ runtime librabry Audition requires?

ADOBE: I will not even consider upgrading to CS before this is handled properly !!!

Anyone who has a clue what to do next?????

I have a started project that I need to finish very soon and this hounts me. It seems to be a common problem since many people are complaining. There must be a simple solution hanging around.

Grateful for ANY input

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions for your specific program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for a fast reply. I have run the installer as administrator. I have run it in different compatibility modes. Nothing helps...

If I only knew which version of the runtime library Audition 3 requires I could try to download it from MS.

Adobe should chime in here - they definitively have a programmer that knows exactly what is wrong...

The popu also states: "Please contact the application's support team for more information."  I would gladly do that-  but HOW? Trying to contact Adobe just redirects me back to these forums.... Is there a technical hotline available? Couldn't find one

Any other ideas before I have ripped the last hair from my scalp?

Thanks a lot for your support and ideas!

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stopped support for AA3 many years ago now. And I suspect even if you weren't getting the runtime error you still wouldn't be able to install and activate Audition 3 since Adobe no longer run an activation server for it. See the FAQ Audition 3 and the activation service . However since you are already a AA3 user you should be able to follow the instructions in the FAQ to download and use the activation free version linked to there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryclark,

I actually also loaded the free version earlier. The situation is the same. Installation goes smoothly but upon running the program the Runtime Error pops up.

Is there an Adobe support that I can contact? All the support seems to refer to the user forum or FAQ lists..

I know that Audition 3.0 runs on WIN 10. It did on my former installation when I had migrated from WIN7 to WIN10, with the Audition installed on WIN7.

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Update of my situation:

I installed Audition 3.0 on my work laptop (SAME Windows 10  Pro N 64-bit - same updates) - and the PROGRAM WORKS 100%. Launching the app on the desktop computer it gives the dreadful Microsoft C++ Runtime error...

This is PROOF that Audition 3.0 runs fine on WIN10 - even if not in compatibility mode!!!

What is different between these  two computers that causes problems in the other - and not in the other? Installation seems to run fine on both computers - or if not - there is no indication of problems during the install.

Any helpful hints or suggestions form someone than knows better what to check next?   THERE MUST BE A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO FIX THIS!!! (sorry for the shouting). It seems this is a commong problem, many people would be happy to find the solution

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution can be simple once one can track down the .dll causing the runtime error. On my Win 7 PC there are many different versions of the Visual C++ Redistributables with several versions each of 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2012. if the complete required runtime resdistributable was missing then loads of other software would also shopw errors. Unfortunately some software comes with it's own versions of required runtime files which when installed strictly within the software's install folder cause no problems. However sometimes they get installed into the Windows system overwriting the original Win versions and therefore become incompatible with other software that use the common version.

So the main problem is finding exactly which single file out of hundreds involved is causing Audition to fail. Since Audition doesn't even boot properly there is no Adobe log file to tell you exactly what went wrong. You need to find some sort of Monitoring app which will track what files any software that you run is loading at the time of the error generation. There used to be some like Windows Process Monitor. But that then involves trawling through a very large list of what's going on in the computer at the significant moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryclark,

Thanks for your insights. I tested the Windows Process monitor. It produces a ton of data, but my skills are not enough to decode anything useful from the plentiful list of events...

I have now installed Adobe Audition 3.0 on FOUR WIN10 Pro N 64bit PC:s. On three it works, on my audio workstation PC it does not (gives the dreadful Runtime Error dialog - se top of this post)!!!

PLEASE ANYONE - what is different on this one PC where Audition does not work???? I have tried everything that I can imagine - what have I missed?  If I only knew which version of the runtime library Audition 3.0 reguires then I could double check that I have it installed...

All comments warmly welcome. I am not the only one struggling with this. There must be a simple solution for this !!! !!! !!!

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been struggling with this for a few days since a new Windows update Using XP Service Pack 3 seemed to pull it out of a continuous loop of audio driver errors and runtime errors. Hope this helps - also running as Admin. I still use Audition 3 because I love it and have got to know it so well over the last 10 years!! I want to keep using it as long as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well after multiple new crashes I found a few things helped. I actually STOPPED running as Admin and:

1 - I deleted the latest Flash update as of March 2019,

2 - if you uninstall and then reinstall Audition outside of the Program Files X86 folder it also helps stabilize it a lot - so to be clear you are most likely installed in X86 - uninstall and then force reinstall into program files regular or simply throw it in a folder where you do all your sessions. Spent a day smoothly editing after a session crash so bad it literally would not reopen any session  - literally every session opened with a run time error, or asio host error.

The above solution is holding out so far.

I'm finally posting here after years of help from this forum, but it's almost dead men walking. With no support and ever changing systems I fear my beloved Audition 3 is truly on it's final days - apart from keeping an older clean running XP machine around just for editing... My mastering rack I built in Audition is after years of honing and trial and error, but now stellar and my finished productions sound world class:
Golden Slumbers CarryThat Weight The End Tribute To Paul McCartney By Richard Cummins by Richard Cum...

I hope to keep it running even if for final Mastering. I am purchasing Studio One.4 because I am forced to move forward and learn a new system - wish I didn't have to. Thank you Adobe for a decade of a great DAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SirRTLH!

Thanks for chiming in. I don't get everything you did to get rid of your problems with your installation. I have an WIN10 N Pro 64 bit windows. Independent of in what folder I install Adobe Audition 3.0 it just does not work.

When starting I just get the same runtime error message: "This application has requested tre Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way."

The strange thing is that I was able to install and run this app on another PC that is running the SAME version of windows... So the combination works, but something is different between the two PC's  - BUT WHAT. This drives me crazy.

Grateful for any ideas hints or anything that could be of use!!!

Cheers, Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have managed to do the installation of AA3 OK and you get the runtime error when you try to start Audition? Try right clicking on the desktop shortcut and then Run as Administrator to see if that can make it work. Also if that doesn't work try doing a re-installation of AA3 but run the installer as Administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Running as admin (or not) has no effect whatsoever on this startup error:

RuntimeError.jpg

I have run the installation both with admin rights and without - still the same problem...

Does someone know which version of the Runtime Visual CC+ library AA3 needs. I would not like to kill all zillion versions of it... Is AA3 clever enough to reload a missing C++ library at launch? Or does that happen only during the installation?

This is clearly related to the C++ library, which one? The error does not tell if the library is completely missing or just corrupt?
Where is the application support team located??? Haha, no support for older products....

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2019 Apr 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit of detective work seems to show that a few old 32bit runtime DLLs are required like MSVCP71.DLL. So most are tagged as version 7 dated 2013 but I am not sure what Runtime distribution they are in. Maybe Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since begin April with windows 10 and the V3 ESD1_WWEFGJIS version after an windows 10 update.
I have to remove update kb4495667 to have it starting again!
Only annoying problem is that windows keeps re-installing this update, so after i see an update is done, i start Adobe Audition to see if it still works, when not then kb4495667 is installed again and i remove it again...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4495667/windows-10-update-kb4495667

Maybe someone can pinpoint at the problem after this update is installed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try killing the latest Flash update, completely uninstall it.. Something happened to Win 10 because I and others are getting these exact AA3 errors out of nowhere.

Truly installed outside of the x86 program files folder? It's bizarre but Audition doesn't seem to like that folder.I toggle between running as Admin and not - it seems fine one day but not the next. Out of the blue I can no longer drag and drop audio files into my session, but rather have to import them. For no reason. It's a few steps but a time waster when used to dragging and dropping.

I killed every Runtime Visual C++ stuff and let programs rewrite or re update them - it seemed to help but now my runtime error becomes an Asio host error. I have been running this for 10 years without too much trouble.

I'm curious - can you find your AppData Roaming default workspaces folder? I did the 'rewrite' trick with mine but it's almost as if it's not rebuilding itself - they just seem to be permanently gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PeterP,

Sadly I don't have kb4495667 installed so it cannot be removed...

Whats next?

Anyone?

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2019 Aug 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As this is a rather old thread can you remind us where you are having the problem with AA3? Is it when trying to install Audition or when trying to run the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ryclark,

The installation of Audition 3.0 goes completely smooth and without any errors. It's during the startup the Runtime error occurs... The strange thing is that Audition 3.0 installs AND runs fine on some other WIN 10 Pro 64-bit machines, but not on the one I'm doing the editing on. Any ideas - this is still bugging me deeply, and probably lots of other people too. Finding a solution would make many people happy 🙂

Cheers, Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian,

did you find a solution? I have the same problem.

Cheers

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case this still matters to anyone here: I installed VirtualBox with Windows 7, inside that Audition works like magic 🙂

Cheers,

Carlos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos,

Unfortunately, I did not find a solution 😞

Thanks for the workaround, I will try that next! Appreciated. Please let me know if you stumble

over a solution to get AA3 to work natively. I will keep you also posted if I do the same.

Cheers,

Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I need to rearrange some of my old projects which I had arranged by AA3. No other versions of AA support SES file. Now I installed trial version of AA3 but I receive the same error that Christian used to get.

Audition 3.png

I have read all posts above. I don`t know if any one has solved the problem or not. But I necessarily just need to export stem files of my old projects and use them for new mixing. 

I use win. 10 pro 

Thanks with LOVE

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, we cannot seriously support Audition 3 installation issues any more - the problems with it are many and various, and its behaviour on W10 is, to say the least, unpredictable. The forum is littered with threads about it. All the newer, supported, versions of Audition will open ses files as long as you've converted them using ses2sesx so I suggest you give that a try. That places a value of $49 on your sessions, admittedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for response Steve

Are you sure ses2sesx works for converting to be used by new versions of AA?

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines