• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition AAF Import

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experimenting with Audition for the first time. How do I import an AAF file?

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that AAF (Advanced Authoring Format) files are essentially about the exchange of metadata. Audition is an audio editor, and whilst it can handle metadata associated with audio, it's not a general metadata handler. Whether this will change in any material way, I don't know - but at present it has no means of dealing with files in that format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the fast response. I have been working in post audio for many years and can assure you that AAF is the standard format for exchange of edited audio from video editors. If Audition cannot import AAF source audio then it's not useful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. 2021 and no AAF support. I mean, geez, OMF and AAF are basically the same. Come on Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are two totally different beasts entirely.

They are self proclaimed standards that never should have been created.
Although the container format is always a standard, the methods of describing data within the containers is not.
They each have multiple ways of describing the same thing and since everyone has a slightly different way of doing things within the containers, they might as well not exist at all.
To call it any kind of standard should be against the law.

OMF is literally a format within a container format.
AAF is much worse because it is a format within a container within a structured storage format.

And no there is no such thing as a 'standard' OMF or AAF.  Even Avid have two different variants of both OMF and AAF - the ProTools variant and the Media Composer variant.

From memory even Final Cut X doesn't have AAF (or even OMF).

So no I'm not surprised Audition doesn't have AAF support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be late at night or I'm going mad but send me the AAF and I will convert it to Audition for you
info@aatranslator.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the offer. It seems like you must be using some other program to import the AAF ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines